Saturday, November 29, 2008

Entertaining your kids with household chores

Was reading a book about getting your kids to help you with your household chores and felt that I should be doing that now since SMALL FAN is getting better at listening instructions. So today, SMALL FAN give me a good idea to get him to help me with the chores, he say that he wanted to clean his cars (actually he just wanted to play with water).

This got me thinking, since he wants to clean his car, I might as well get him to clean up his toys, it has been a while since I last clean it. So I got a pail, pour it with the soapy water that I use to bathe him(trying to save water), give me a cloth and ask him to wash his toys and dry it with a cloth.

Meanwhile, I got some free time to mop the floor. It kept him occupied for a whole half-hour. After that, I have to stop him as he started to play with the water instead of washing the toys. By then, I have finish mopping the floor except for the area that he was playing in. What a good way to keep SMALL FAN occupied, give myself some time to do some chores and get him to help me do chores...

Will be thinking of others chores that I can start giving him... :)

By the way, here's what you need to get him cleaning his toys:
  • a pail of soapy water
  • a small towel to dry the toys
  • a floor mat to absorb all the spills
  • lots of washable toys

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Books & DVD to recommend