Sunday, August 22, 2010

Schools Start at Home

Ok, I have been really lazy with blogging lately, kinda got addicted to a game in facebook....sigh....

But I meant to pen this down, a book that I recently read and felt that it's a good one to recommend to all kiasu parents out there. It's called School Starts at Home: Simple Ways to Make Learning Fun (School Savvy Kids). The books wrote about skills that you should build in your child before they go to school and how you can inculcate this skills in them.  Skills such as reading, writing, maths etc and how you can build up their love for these skills.  What I like about this book that it's a really easy to read book and some of the tips quite practical and useful.  For example, to get your kids to like writing, encourage him to help you write your groceries list or write a list of presents he/she likes for your birthday.  I tried this on my son and he wrote quite a long list of presents.  A thumbs up to Fuller, am going to try borrowing her other 2 books:




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Books & DVD to recommend