Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Service Review - Tingkat Dinner

With 2 kids to take care of, I'm subcontracting my dinner to the home delivery company. I'm currently eating Tingkat Dinner from Kim's Kitchen. The food is quite tasty and the portion is quite good size and their soup taste good too.

Here's some of the other tingkat caterers that I had compiled with the recommendations and complaints I gathered from forums:

* House of Catering - no MSG, less salt and oil. But quite a no. of mums from Singapore Motherhood(SM) commented that the food is lousy, soup taste bland although one mom says she like it as it's not too salty - $195 for 2 pax for 20 days, unlimited cancellation

* Four Seasons - no MSG, less salt and oil. One mom claims that the portion is pathetic - $200 for 2 pax for 20 days w max 2 days replacement. I have tried their catering myself and I agree with the mom, the portion is really pathetic and the soup taste the same every day even though it's suppose to be different. I think they cook the soup with the same base and then just add the ingredients at the last minute.

* Neo Garden - less salt and oil but got little MSG. Quite a no. of mums from SM says their portion, normally the 4th dish are quite pathetic. - $190 for 2 pax for 20 days, max 2 day refund

* Buffet Paradize - less salt and oil but got MSG. A few mums for BayB Supplies (BS) recommended them - $200 for 2 pax for 20 days, unlimted meal replacement

* Le Xin - no MSG, less salt and less oil. Vegetable dishes limited and soup taste bland - $195 for 2 pax for 20 days, unlimited days of cancellation

* Kim's Kitchen - Got MSG. Quite a no of mums from BS recommended their service. - $170 for 2 pax for 20 days. I'm currently using them, the food portion is quite good, food is tasty but I don't feel thristy after eating. However, one thing I don't like is they delivery the food quite late, around 6.45pm to 7pm.

* Mei Hao - less salt and oil. One mom in SM using them, found the food not bad. - $180 for 2 pax for 20 days.

* Jia Le (used to be Redleaf) - less salt, less cholesterol, less MSG. One mom in BS using them, found their food not bad. - $170 for 2 pax for 20 days.

* Jessie Catering - less salt and oil, but got MSG. So far reviews for them seems quite good. - $160 for 2 pax for 20 days

* YLS - less salt, oil and MSG. - $180 for 2 pax for 20 days with max 2 days refund.

While searching for tingkat service, stumble upon this interesting services provided by Mealstations. They actually prepare the ingredients for you (that is, chop the carrot, cut the meat etc..) and give you the recipe, so you just need to cook. Quite cool, right? But the cons is that you need to go to their place to cook.

2 comments:

  1. Great reviews. I've started a Tingkat Review website to help people find quality Tingkat meal caterers. Your reviews are greatly appreciated.
    Thanks!

    => http://tingkatreviews.consumer-insider.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi ehowto

    Welcome to my blog. Thanks for your comment. I think your reviews come at the the right time as I'm getting tire of the tingkat from Kim's, after a while you sort of get tire of the same old food. Am going to cook myself again, unless we can find better caterers.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Books & DVD to recommend