Monday, August 18, 2008

Teaching SMALL FAN to read - Part II

Managed to think of a way to visually show SMALL FAN how to blend a word, see picture below.

As SMALL FAN is a very active kid, I can hardly get him to sit still to teach him, so what I did was to quietly paste the NEW WORD on the wall when he is in school or when he is taking his afternoon nap. When he wakes up, he will notice this new word on the wall and he will start asking me what is that? Then I will tell him, it's "U"......."P", "U"..."P, "U"."P", "UP". I think he still can't really see that "UP" form a word, but when I ask him, where is UP? He will tell me "U" & "P", "U" & "P". So he knows that "UP" is made up of "U" & "P"...so do you think it work? I'm hoping to introduce him to 3 letter words next week to see if he can get it...mmm...getting ambitious.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Books & DVD to recommend