Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Walker or Not?

Baby FAN is now getting really good at moving around in her walker. It starts me thinking about the argument on whether is it good to put your child on a walker. Many parenting books and children guides nowadays advised against putting child on a walker. Reason being that it develops a different set of muscle as that of walking and may slow down the baby's ability to walk. For some books, although they don't encourage a walker but they do give advise that if you were to put a baby in a walker, don't leave him/her in the walker for more then half-an-hour each time.

Personally, I actually loves the walker as it gives me the freedom to do my work while my baby has the freedom of roaming around the house without having to scream for me to carry her. My SMALL FAN grew up on the walker and he was able to walk independently by 13 months. As for my baby girl, she is now learning to stand up. So, personally I don't find that the walker has affected their walking ability.

However, I think I do make the conscious effort to avoid putting her on the walker for more then 1 hour each time and to give her time to crawl on the floor or just being held and cuddle by me.

So what do you think, walker good or not?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Books & DVD to recommend