Sunday, September 14, 2008

VCD Recommendation - Mr Men in the Great Alphabet Hunt

Met up with 2 friends last week and we were chatting about homeschooling kids and started talking about videos and show that we play for your kids. Suggested to her this particular video from Little Learners "Mr Men in the Great Alphabet Hunt". I bought it during one of the weekly sales at NTUC Fairprice Extra at Ang Mo Kio Hub, I think it cost $9.90. A really good buy as SMALL FAN loves to watch it. The video show Mr Clever's journey in looking for all the alphabets from A to Z. Along the way, he met different Mr Men and introduces different objects and stuff starting with the various alphabet and of course, they also teach you how to pronounce the different alphabet. They have a really chatchy tunes that goes like that "Arh for Apples, Ber for Bouncing Ball, Ker for Cakes but Mr Greedy ate it all...."

It didn't occur to me how useful this VCD was until I started showing SMALL FAN some alphabets and he recognises their sound without me telling him, so it looks like he did learn from the VCD. He can evens say "J for Jelly".

4 comments:

  1. thanks so much!!! i just found it at Popular for the same price - and i can't thank you enough for recommending me this good stuff!

    p/s i'm using your porridge tips as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you want to teach little pixie math or counting, can try out Richard Scarry's Best Counting Video, very cheap only, cost $6.90 (I think) at popular. I find it value for money. My SMALL FAN loves to watch it. It teaches counting from 1 to 20, I personally find it quite interesting and the tune they sing is quite catchy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey! i bot the richard scarry one too!! but guess what, after i bot it at popular for $6.90, i saw some pasar malam sell imitation version for $1.90!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ha ha...Maybe you can look for other stories, I think Richard Scary have 6 VCD, one on nursery rhymes, one on ABC, one on silly stories, one on learning songs(that teaches, shapes, opposites, counting etc), one on busy people(that teaches jobs).

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Books & DVD to recommend